YOUR ROLE DEFINED
- HTML email conversion and HTML page template roll-out.
- HTML email conversion will entail receiving PDF/PSD/JPG/AI or other design application designs from our design team and converting them into HTML for distribution. HTML Mailers will need to be combination of imagery and text and should render perfectly on all devices/screens and email clients. Certain mailers will need to be fully responsive and a good understanding of email responsive frameworks and rules is a must.
- HTML page template roll-out will entail receiving designs from our design team that will need to be converted to fully responsive (Bootstrap or similar frameworks) page templates to be used in either WordPress, flat HTML or Blade templates.
- The role of webmaster will be made up of a few critical areas including:
- The maintaining of all client websites, updating of new content, data capturing and data manipulation and ensuring that all backend modules are up to date.
- Ensure sites are functioning properly and are available to users.
- Test speed of access and improve upon loading speed. In addition the role will include analytics and generating monthly reports for clients.
- Data manipulation, data capturing and image resizing/cropping and generating user training guides for all new client websites.
- Basic training to clients once their websites have gone live.
- Animated GIF banner generation will form part of both email coding as well as the webmaster roll. A basic understanding of web animation is beneficial.
- Bulk email distribution and maintenance will also form a large part of the role including the monitoring, cleaning and reporting on all email campaigns sent out.
- Various other duties and roles will be applicable from time to time depending on the nature of the project (e-book generation, data capturing & imports, powerpoint template setup, etc.)
- Convert designs to mobile responsive HTML email templates
- Checking and testing of HTML email templates across platform, device and email clients for maximum compatibility
- Testing of email templates in Mailchimp to ensure they pass Mailchimp’s spam controls
- Conversion of website/microsite designs to strict best-practise HTML/CSS/JS primarily using the Bootstrap framework
- Setting up of HTML page templates for CMS’ like WordPress (working in conjunction with other developers)
- Setting up of HTML page templates for Laravel’s Blade templates (working in conjuction with other developers)
- Liaising with other developers / Head of Digital and design team to ensure designs can and will convert easily and without friction
- Maintain websites for clients and Mustard
- Ensure that web servers and software are operating accurately
- Update all CMS back-ends and related plugins
- Generate and revise web pages and update content
- Work on WordPress & other CMS platforms
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on websites
- Check websites for spelling errors, layout issues, etc
- Fix links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly
- Cross-browser and cross device testing of websites and mobile sites
- Setup and administer Google Analytics
- Examine and analyse site traffic and generate monthly reports
- Generate digital flipbook brochures and menu guides
- Ensure all git repositories and file backups are constantly updated and backed-up
- Excel and database data manipulation and data capturing
- Image manipulation (resize, scale, crop, etc.)
- Train clients and administrators on how to use their website
- Generate user training guides for websites and applications
- Work in mailchimp to setup, manage and maintain lists, segments and reporting
- Test and distribute email campaigns and generate reports on results
- Create merge tags and bulk email campaigns using Mailchimp (and other mail clients where necessary)
- Ensure that all project plans are updated and on track
- Generate project reports for clients on a weekly/monthly basis
- Creation and animation of web banners (Animated GIF’s etc.)
- Passion for digital marketing
- Agency experience is a huge advantage but not absolutely essential
- Goal-orientated, competitive, take-charge and want to ‘win’
- Highly proactive, meet deadlines and driven
- Team player
- Good time management skills
- Hard Working
- Must be proficient in HTML/CSS
- Must be proficient in basic to advanced JS / JS plugins
- Must be experienced in working with responsive frameworks – especially Bootstrap 3
- Must have experience in design to HTML email conversion
- Experience in WordPress’ CMS framework is an advantage
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be proficient in WordPress
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Working understanding of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in either Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks for any major image manipulation programme
- Must know how to use Mailchimp
- Must know how to create animated GIFs